- Mr. Kiely was recently named to the Executive Council of the Massachusetts Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
- Mr. Regan was recently named to the Board of Directors of the Boston Propeller Club and is actively involved in legislative outreach on behalf of local maritime interests.
- Mr. Kiely recently won a defendant’s verdict in State Court. The plaintiff claimed brain injury resulting in cognitive deficits as well as a traumatically induced spinal syrinx. The pretrial demand was well in excess of the policy limits.
- Mr. Kiely recently obtained a seven figure subrogation settlement on behalf of a major domestic insurance carrier. The case involved a catastrophic fire at a well-known Massachusetts yacht yard.
- Mr. Kiely recently obtained a summary judgment in a product liability wrongful death action. Summary Judgment was awarded on the basis of insufficient product identification. The plaintiff’s demand was $1,500,000.00.
- The firm recently obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of an insured property owner in the wrongful death of an eighteen year old working for the summer on Martha’s Vineyard. The case had a pre-suit demand of $1,750,000.00 and settled for $250,000.00.
- Mr. Kiely has been nominated for membership in the International Association of Defense Counsel, an invitation-only organization comprised of the world’s leading corporate and insurance attorneys.
- Mr. Regan recently won a defendant’s verdict in Federal Court, in a Jones Act case involving the loss of an eye of the plaintiff seaman.